Postgraduate Diploma of Arts in International Law
Write to us for more information
The Graduate Diploma of Arts in International Law provides students with advanced and specialised legal training that qualifies you to work in a multinational legal environment. Students can specialise in international law (general), international commercial law or international human rights law, depending on their elective choices.
- Graduates of this program will receive a Postgraduate Diploma in Law internationally recognized.
- Students will gain a firm understanding of the key principles of international law. key principles of international lawfor example, public international law, international human rights law and international trade law. international human rights law and international trade law.
- Students will acquire highly transferable and attractive skills and attractive skills for a wide range of areas outside outside law, including academia, journalism, media, finance, public administration, industry and commerce.
- A strong international focus gives students an international advantage advantage when in developing a career in today’s in today’s globalized legal landscape.
- All of our teachers are experienced academics who are specialists in their field.
The student will complete six subjects. In the first semester, the student will complete three compulsory subjects and in the second semester, the student will choose three electives.
- Public international law
- Advanced legal research and writing
- International Commercial Law
- International and European Human Rights Law
Three electives to choose from:
- International commercial arbitration
- International Tax Law
- International Financial Services Act
- EU competition law and internal market law
- International Intellectual Property Law
- Corporate Governance
- International humanitarian law
- Economic and social rights
- Immigration and International Asylum Law
- International criminal law
- Gender, sexuality and human rights
- International privacy and data protection law
- Transitional Justice and Human Rights
Students who successfully complete the Graduate Diploma of Arts in International Law, International Commercial Law or International Human Rights Law may progress to the LL.M. Programme by completing a 20,000 word dissertation in a relevant area.
Students who wish to specialise in an area of law within a law firm or practice at the Bar often choose the postgraduate diploma to gain sufficient knowledge in that area. Increasingly, businesses are dealing with international markets and, for this reason, the Postgraduate Diploma in International Commercial Law is very popular with lawyers in this area.
- Bachelor’s degree in law or a related discipline (which has a 50% legal component in the degree) or equivalent or relevant work experience abroad.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 7.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life