MSc in Nursing (non-EU applicants)
Write to us for more information
The MSc Nursing for non-EU applicants is a full-time (i.e. 90 credits) programme taken over 12 months from the date of first enrolment (commencing in September each year). It is designed to provide a Masters degree for students from outside Ireland and the EU (i.e. non-EU applicants) and from a variety of different backgrounds in nursing.
The programme is non-clinical and comprises only theoretical modules.
Upon successful completion of the non-clinical track, students should be able to:
- Exercise greater personal and professional competence through responsibility and autonomy in professional practice;
- Practice with a greater understanding of the research base, ethical, socio-political and professional foundations of nursing/midwifery and health care;
- Demonstrate higher levels of judgement in nursing/midwifery practice through the generation of nursing knowledge for innovative nursing and midwifery practice;
- Act as innovators and leaders in a chosen area and contribute to the development of practices and best practices;
- Teach others from a broad and deep knowledge base, derived from critical reflection on nursing practice and the development of critical inquiry into the disciplinary knowledge base in nursing and midwifery.
Students earn 90 credits as follows:
- Research Methods (10 credits)
- Ethics for specialized practice (5 credits)
- Clinical Examination Skills (10 credits)
- Advanced Research Methods for Health Professionals (10 credits
- Improving Nursing and Midwifery Practice (10 credits)
- Wound Care for Health Care Professionals (5 credits)
- Medical and surgical nursing of people with cardiorespiratory problems (10 credits)
- Personal and professional portfolio (10 credits)
- Dissertation in Nursing (20 credits)
Applicants for the Master of Nursing for non-EU applicants must:
- Have an active registration on a division of the professional register maintained by the Nursing Board / Statutory Body in your own country.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing or have an advanced/postgraduate diploma in the relevant area of nursing.
- IELTS 6.5, with no less than 6.5 in any component (or its internationally (or its internationally recognised equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life