MSc in Network and Information Security
Write to us for more information
Designed specifically to address a growing need in the industry, the Master of Network and Information Security at Griffith College is a 1-year program that aims to enable students to develop robust and efficient network security plans, strategies and solutions. Taught on a full-time and part-time basis, as a graduate of this course:
- Gain specialized knowledge and skills essential for a career in network security.
- Establishes an analytical mindset necessary for independent academic and professional research.
- Gain a practical understanding of how to identify industry requirements for computer network security and analyze security risks.
- Develops a team player attitude necessary to communicate problems, ideas and solutions to all levels of the industrial team.
- Take advantage of your knowledge of support topics in the various disciplines of computer science.
- Get fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment history from a sample of 35 graduates from our class of 2017.
The programme contains eight taught modules and one final dissertation/dissertation per placement. Four modules are taught per semester and you will then complete a project over a twelve-week period. The overall programme lasts for one calendar year.
- Network and information security technologies
- Legal and Ethical Aspects of Information Security
- IT infrastructure protection and ethical hacking
- Computer Forensics
- Information Security Management
- Telecommunications networks and services
- Search Methods
- Dissertation / Dissertation by practice
Through the MSc in Network and Information Security, you will have gained valuable professional experience, specialise in a key emerging field and develop many technical skills. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, which include:
- Information Security Architect
- Information Security Risk Manager
- Cyber Security Manager
- IT Consultant
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Information Security Engineering
- Microsoft Solutions Engineer
- Senior Programming Engineer
- Academic Research
- Web Developer
- Candidates applying for this course should have an Honours degree in Computer Science, or a Higher Diploma in Computing or related discipline or international equivalent and/or relevant work experience.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.5 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life