MSc in International Management and Global Business
Write to us for more information
This Master’s programme in International Management and Global Business provides an in-depth understanding of successful global business management and seeks to develop an international, intercultural and global mindset among the international managers of the future. It offers an excellent combination of academics and practicality to enhance international career potential.
Designed for graduates who wish to pursue international business careers, this master’s degree explores the landscape of international management and global business. It provides an in-depth understanding of successful global business management and seeks to develop an international, cross-cultural and global mindset among the international managers of the future. Taught by an internationally experienced teaching team in state-of-the-art teaching facilities at the Kemmy Business School, this programme offers an excellent combination of academics and practicality to enhance your international career potential.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the global business environment and provide analytical frameworks for understanding the context of international business enterprises.
- Develop the basic personal and professional skills necessary to establish a successful international business career and manage in a global business context.
- Establish cultural, institutional, economic and socio-political determinants of legitimate practice in international business.
- Explore international management practice from an international, comparative and cross-cultural perspective.
- Introduce fundamental concepts and practices in international corporate finance.
- Establish core dimensions of the legal framework governing international business transactions.
- Provide an understanding of the complexities of managing a culturally diverse and globally distributed workforce.
- Proporcionar una apreciación del marketing como una ‘tecnología’ empresarial global central.
- Explore issues that impact the development, implementation and evaluation of the overall business strategy.
- Develop the research, analytical and argumentative skills necessary to formulate, conduct and report independent research in a domain area of international management.
Upon successful completion of this study program, you will be able to:
- Analyze the major international management issues facing modern organizations and, in doing so, identify appropriate international business entry strategies.
- Deciphering the institutional and cross-cultural issues that arise when operating in different territories.
- Evaluate the financial decision-making practices of multinational organizations.
- Identify the basic contextual principles of international trade and the legal regulatory frameworks within which international trade operates.
- Evaluate international human resources strategies and practices employed by multinational corporations.
- Develop models to assess the effects of policies on inflation, employment, real interest rates, and output.
- Identify the basic requirements for successful international marketing activities.
- Evaluate available alternatives in the formulation, implementation, and evaluation of global business strategies
- Formulate appropriate research questions and hypotheses for master’s level research projects; and
Conceptualizar, investigar y redactar una revisión del estado del arte de un área de investigación elegida y generar datos empíricos sobre el fenómeno investigado.
Graduates of this programme have found employment in consulting, marketing, sales, purchasing, banking, recruitment, quality management and consumer protection in companies such as Dell, Accenture, Diageo, Amazon, Henkel, Lidl and Bank of Ireland.
- Professional Development 1
- International Corporate Finance
- International business transactions
- International and cross-cultural management
- Leadership, influence and change
- Research in projects and organizations
- Professional Development 2
- International economic affairs
- International Workshop
- Global business strategy
- International Marketing
- International Human Resources Management
Choose one of the following:
- Corporate Responsibility
- Project management in practice
Semester 3 – Summer
- Master’s research work
- An honours degree (NFQ Level 8) in Business or a similar discipline is normally required.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- IELTS 6.5, with no less than 6 in any component (or its internationally recognised equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life