MSc in Data Analytics
Write to us for more information
This Master of Science in Data Analytics is a one-year full-time or two-year part-time Level 9 program aimed primarily at students with strong numeracy skills who wish to extend their skill set to a more advanced level of theoretical knowledge. and practice and to further develop your research capabilities and innovation skills in the area of data analysis. The program takes an integrative approach, focusing on the synthesis of knowledge and practice from specialized areas within the domains of data analysis and computing.
The goal of this program is to produce highly skilled graduates with experience spanning the core disciplines of Mathematics, Statistics, and Informatics. It emphasizes the critical connection of data to information, from information to knowledge and knowledge to decision making, which is encompassed in the data life cycle.
The educational objective is to develop students’ analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills and to foster their research and innovation capacities in the area of data analysis.
The main objective is to develop an expert knowledge in the aspects of data necessary to become highly trained data analysts: with modules in Statistics, Data Visualization, Time Series, Data Architecture, Machine Learning, Statistical Programming and Ethics in the data.
→ Data architecture (part 1 of 2)
→ Programming for data analysis
→ Research process for data analysis
→ Data architecture (part 2 of 2)
→ Data display and information
→ Time series analysis
→ Machine learning
→ Ethics in data analysis
- This program provides graduates with the skills necessary to enter the ever-expanding world of Data Analytics.
- There is a high demand for graduates of Data Analytics related courses both in Ireland and internationally.
These career paths can take place in many different sectors and industries, including areas such as research; academy; deal; Finance; banking; health care; pharmaceutical products; mercantilism; and Technology.
MSc graduates in data analytics can find roles in industry such as data analyst, data scientist, data engineer, data architect, business data analyst, data visualization developer, and statistician.
This course is delivered through a combination of lectures, workshops, labs, tutorials and independent reading, continuous assessment projects, etc. It is delivered full-time for 3 semesters in 1 year (including the summer) while the part-time delivery modality is carried out for 2 years.
- The standard minimum entry requirement is an honors degree of 2.2 (NFQ Level 8) or equivalent in the area of Mathematics, Statistics, Computing, Engineering, Science or an equivalent qualification in a related discipline, which included a minimum of 15 credits in Mathematics and Statistics and 10 credits of modules focused on programming. The Level 8 Higher Diploma of Science in Data Analytics award is considered an entry route to this program.
- For international students, the degree and notes must be officially translated into English.
- IELTS 6.5 (or its internationally recognized equivalent).
Who should apply
This course is best suited for:
- People who know how to number and have good programming skills;
- People who like to be part of cutting-edge technology that works to improve human-machine and machine-machine interactions;
- People who wish to expand their skills to a more advanced level in the area of data analysis to improve their career prospects or make a career change.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life