MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics
Write to us for more information
Designed specifically to address a growing need in industry, the MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics at Griffith College is a 1-year program that aims to build on students’ knowledge in computer science and create Big Data specialists.
Taught on a full-time basis, as a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain specialized knowledge and skills essential for a career in essential for a career in Big Data Management and Analytics.
- Establish an analytical mindset necessary for independent academic and professional research.
- Gain a practical understanding of design and implementation strategies and implementation strategies used in the development of Big Data solutions.
- Develop a team player attitude necessary to communicate problems, ideas and solutions to all levels of the industrial team.
- Leverage your knowledge of supporting topics in the area of Computer Science.
This programme contains eight taught modules and one final dissertation/dissertation per practicum. Four modules are taught per semester; so that students complete eight taught modules over two semesters and then complete one project over a twelve week period. The overall programme lasts for one calendar year.
Students who successfully complete eight taught modules and do not wish to submit their thesis may decide to leave with a postgraduate diploma in Big Data management and analytics (60 ECTS, level 9).
- Big Data Analysis
- Information retrieval and web search
- Concurrent and parallel programming
- Cloud Computing
- Big Data Management
- Algorithms and Data Mining Techniques
- Applied Data Science
- Search Methods
Through the MSc in Big Data Management and Analytics, you will have gained valuable professional experience, specialise in a key emerging field and develop many technical skills. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, which include:
- Data analysis
- Business Intelligence Analyst
- Chief Engineer Big Data Solutions
- Technical Product Manager
- Big Data Architect
- Data Analysis Consultant
- Data scientist and video analysis
- Data Science Expert
- Multimedia Systems Developer
- IT Operations Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Media, Design or related disciplines.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- English level IELTS 6.5 or higher (or internationally recognised equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life