MA in Radio and Television Journalism
Write to us for more information
Through the MA in Broadcast Journalism students will acquire theoretical knowledge of the media industries and production skills specific to journalism. The program team, comprised of industry professionals and full-time academics, aims to instill in students the skills necessary to apply critical reflection and intellectual depth to their production of multimedia content.
- You will acquire critical reflective learning and develop strong practical skills in media production with the use of television studio, film and television production equipment.
- Take advantage of our state-of-the-art facilities that include an on-campus radio station, 2 broadcast studios, 4 photo studios, 3 darkrooms, a TV and video studio and a sound engineering studio.
- Recognition by the National Union of Journalists of this programme entitles students to apply for a NUJ Press Card for the duration of their course.
- You have the guarantee of excellent teaching practiceas many of our graduates are currently working in a variety of leading media, broadcasting leading media organisations, including the Irish and Sunday Independent, RTE Radio and Television, Newstalk, TV3 and Google.
- You have the opportunity to join the ranks of multiple award winners with Griffith College students consistently excelling in the Smedia Awards.
- Theories of communication and audience
- Media Law and Ethics
- MoJo: mobile video journalism
- Research and production of radio documentaries
- Radio news and current affairs
- Radio Production
- Search Methods
- Sociology of the media
- TV Studio news and current events
- Video journalism and documentary
- Writing and editing: news, functions, content
- Virtual Studio Mastering and Delivery
- Online media: creation, curation
Through the Master of Broadcast Journalism, you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong portfolio and covered a wide range of media. Graduates of this course are employed in a wide variety of fields in the communications industries in media and communications companies, non-governmental organisations, video production companies and media outlets as journalists, editors, media content creators, researchers, video producers and radio production managers. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, which include:
- Video Producer
- Journalist / Radio Researcher
- Editorial Assistant
- Content and community manager
- Social Media Coordinator
- Degree and grades of the bachelor’s degree, previously completed.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 7.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life