MA in Journalism and Media Communication
Write to us for more information
The Master of Journalism and Media Communication allows students to develop their own study path through the selection of elective modules. It is for people who want to embark on a career in the ever-changing industry of contemporary journalism and media communications. Designed and taught by journalism and communications professionals and full-time academics, the course immerses students in a professional media production environment. The program team cultivates among students a commitment to producing high-quality, ethical journalism, as well as leadership and innovation skills.
- You will acquire the practical skills to conceive, produce, edit and publish your own multimedia content.
- You will become familiar with multiple platforms: web, mobile, video, radio, print and photography.
- During the duration of the program, participants have the right to request a NUJ press card.
- You will gain a solid understanding of media theory, research methods, and media law and ethics.
- You will significantly develop your writing, production and communication skills, exploring areas such as reporting, report writing, and investigative journalism.
- You will be challenged in real journalistic situations in print, broadcast, and online media in a media work environment through work with college magazine, online publications, and radio stations.
- You will have the opportunity to create a professional portfolio of your writing, radio production, as well as video and photography work to show to future employers.
- Media law and ethics
- MoJo: mobile video journalism
- Radio production
- Search methods
- Sociology of the media
- Writing and editing: news, features, content
- Theories of communication and audience
- Online media: creation, curation
- Media design and production
- Investigation journalism
- Videojournalism and documentary
- Media business
- International media landscapes
- International political economy
- Sports journalism
Through the Master of Journalism and Media Communication, you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong portfolio and covered a wide range of media. Graduates of this program are employed in a wide variety of fields in the communications industries. A sample of recent graduates’ job titles includes:
- Senior news reporter
- Editorial assistant
- Internal editor
- Lifestyle and entertainment reporter
- Video producer
- Manager of Web Associations
- Digital content executive
- Associate / Communications Executive
- Social Media Analyst / Manager
- Research assistant
- Data explorer
- Freelance Writer / Journalist / Producer
- Mobile journalist
- Documentary director
- Title and qualifications of the undergraduate studies, previously completed.
- In the case of international candidates, the equivalent abroad is required. In addition, a degree translated into English will be required officially.
- If English is not your mother tongue, you must demonstrate that your level of English is at an adequate level, that is, a minimum of 7.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life