LL.M. in International Human Rights Law
Write to us for more information
The LL.M. in International Human Rights Law offers students the opportunity to specialize in International Human Rights Law, to facilitate enhanced career opportunities or to lay the foundation for doctoral study.
- Graduates of this program will receive an internationally recognized internationally recognized Master of Laws degree..
- Students will gain a firm understanding of the key principles of human rights law. key principles of human rights law, such as social and economic rightsThe course will provide students with a firm understanding of the key principles of human rights law, such as social and economic rights, international children’s rights law, international asylum and immigration law, and international humanitarian law.
- Students will acquire highly transferable and attractive skills and attractive to a wide range of range of sectors outside the law, including the civil or foreign service, or in NGOs.
- A strong international focus gives students an international advantage advantage when in developing a career in today’s in today’s globalized legal landscape.
- All of our speakers are experienced academics who are specialists in their particular field of Human Rights Law.
The student will complete six subjects and a thesis. In the first semester the student will complete three compulsory subjects and in the second semester the student will choose three human rights electives.
- Public international law
- Advanced legal research and writing
- International and European Human Rights Law
Three electives to choose from:
- International humanitarian law
- Economic and social rights
- Immigration and International Asylum Law
- International criminal law
- Gender, sexuality and human rights
- International privacy and data protection law
- Transitional Justice and Human Rights
Through the LL.M. in International Human Rights Law, you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a solid foundation of critical analysis and presentation skills, and covered a wide range of topics. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, which include:
- Promotion for those already practicing law
- Internal legal functions with international or national human rights organizations
- Legal advisor to national and international NGOs
- Legal researcher in the area of international human rights law.
- Doctoral study for an academic career
- Bachelor’s degree in law or a related discipline (which has a 50% legal component in the degree) or equivalent or relevant work experience abroad.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- English level IELTS 7.0 or higher (or internationally recognised equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life