Honours degree in Business
Write to us for more information
This program differs from other general business degrees in that it builds on the knowledge and skills necessary for data-informed decision making. In the first year, the student will gain a fundamental understanding of data collection and presentation, as they progress, they will learn to become more critical in their analysis, learn how this analysis is applied to decision making and business intelligence and by the final year they will confidently use modern tools and techniques to understand how quality data is used for predictive purposes.
Another reason for selecting this programme at IBAT College Dublin is the supportive college environment, the small class sizes and the college’s reputation for being responsive to students’ needs.
This program is designed for:
- prospective students who wish to pursue a career in business or management,
- those who intend to start their own business.
- those wishing to pursue a general higher education programme and develop industry-relevant skills, in a supportive academic environment.
The programme takes three years to complete on a full-time basis. Each academic year consists of 24 teaching weeks, 2 study weeks and 4 assessment weeks and is divided into two semesters. Students take 6 subjects (modules) per semester. Approximately 50% of the modules are examined by coursework and 50% by a combination of coursework and examination.
In the final year, you select a business topic of your own choice and undertake a project, this may be through research or alternatively through professional practice working on a real business problem with a company. The outcome of the project will be showcased at a presentation event attended by recruiters and employers.
- Introduction to Business
- ICT in business
- Business Mathematics and Statistics
- Effective communications for business
- Learning and development
- Marketing Fundamentals Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Consumer behaviour,
- Financial Accounting
- Principles of management and principles of commercial law.
- Digital and social media marketing
- Ethics and Compliance
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management
- Information systems management
- Management accounting
- Operations Management
- Business law
- Applied project management
- Business Intelligence
- Economic analysis and sustainability
- Consumer behaviour and
- Marketing Communications and Sales Management.
- Data analysis for business
- Financial management, innovation, business and entrepreneurship
- Personal and professional development
- Research Methods
- Strategic human resources management
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Information Security Management
- Organizational Leadership
- Strategic management and a business project or a
- Professional Practice Project.
- High School Diploma and grades
- Minimum English level: 6,0 IELTS
- Valid passport
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life