BSc in Music, Media and Performance Technology
Write to us for more information
The programme The BSc in Music, Media and Performance Technology is a programme that enables students to enter the contemporary world of digital media, film, sound and technology and interactive performance. Students develop a wide range of skills and are given many opportunities to become proficient in areas of special interest. The programme provides a strong contextual understanding of culture and media and enables technical proficiency in the technologies of culture creation, including coding, cinematography and sound engineering.
The aims and objectives of the Computer Information Systems program are:
- Creative implementations of digital media.
- The development of audiovisual software tools (programming) and real-time audiovisual performances (artistic skills).
- Individual and small group practice is based on active professionals, e.g. musicians, composers, video, video producers and directors.
- Mathematical and technical aspects of electronic media, how people perceive multimedia sound and image/li>
- The theory, principles and application of digital audio and video and issues arising from these principles in practice.
- Student-driven development of projects in directed study through electives agreed with the course board, e.g., ethnomusicology and musicology
The unique feature of this course is that it focuses on training a new type of interdisciplinary graduate who combines technological competence with artistic and creative endeavour. This four-year honours degree programme is offered on a full-time basis.
- Sociology of the media
- Graphic Design
- Introduction to digital media
- Media scheduling 1
- Technological Mathematics 1
- Perceptual systems and multimedia
- Media programming 2
- Introduction to web development
- Music and Computers
- Technological Mathematics 2
- Digital Arts 1
- Digital Audio Fundamentals
- Digital Video Fundamentals
- Sound synthesis
- Electro Technology
- Directed Studies
- Advanced Audio Production
- Mobile application design
- Performance Technology 1
- Human-computer interaction
- Cooperative education
- Algorithmic and generative composition
- Digital Arts 2
- Advanced video production
- Project management and practice
- Professional issues in computer science
- Interactive Multimedia
- Creative coding
- Performance Technology 2
- Music and Media Project 1
- Multimedia industry outlook
- Visual coding
- Music and Media Project 2
*Module availability may change from year to year.
- Applicants must possess at the time of enrolment the prescribed Certificate of Completion (or an approved equivalent) with a minimum of six subjects which must include: two H5 (Higher Level) grades and four O6 (Ordinary Level) grades or four H7 (Higher Level) grades. Subjects must include Mathematics, Irish or other language and English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- IELTS 6.5, with no less than 6 in any component (or its internationally recognised equivalent).
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life