BSc (Hons) in Health and Physical Activity
Write to us for more information
The general objective of the Bachelor of Health and Physical Activity program is to form a category of professional in the areas of health, physical activity and well-being.
Graduates will gain, through theory, research and practice, the knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to shape and respond to public policies using a multidisciplinary approach to address sedentary behavior, physical activity and health .
There are four subject streams within the course:
- Health Science
- Exercise science
- Health research
- Communicate the health message
Additionally, students have the opportunity to acquire internationally recognized professional qualifications in gymnastics instruction, circuit training, personal training, exercise referral, and obesity and diabetes management.
- Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Commitment to the scholarship
- The Professional Practitioner 1
- Exercise and health studies 1
- Anatomy and Physiology 2
- Health, individual and society
- Communication skills
- Exercise and Health Studies 2
- The Professional Practitioner 2
- Laboratory-Based Exercise Physiology and Fitness Techniques
- The investigation process
- Interventions in chronic diseases and lifestyle 1
- Understanding of health and illness
- Research evaluation
- Field-Based Fitness Techniques and Program Design
- Interventions in chronic diseases and lifestyle 2
- Positive mental health and well-being
- Special populations and lifestyle interventions
- Data collection and analysis
- Health promotion in practice
- Nutrition throughout the life cycle
- Placement 1
- The Professional Practitioner 3
- Challenges and solutions for health promotion
- Leadership and Innovative Management in Health and Physical Activity
- Investigation project
- Placement 2
- Health policy and legislation
- Investigation project
- Applied management of metabolism and obesity
This course provides students with the key transferable skills necessary to seek employment in the following roles, among others:
- Sports Development Officer
- Physical activity coordinator
- Exercise and fitness professional
- Personal trainer
- Leisure Facilities Manager
- Health Promotion Officer
- Coordinator of Adapted Physical Activity
The program is taught full-time over a period of 4 years. Students will benefit from a variety of teaching and learning methods such as; talks, practices, tutorials, blended-learning and self-directed.
→ International students will require a Bachelor’s degree from the country of origin. The degree and notes must be officially translated into English.
Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
→ IELTS 6.0 or higher (or its internationally recognized equivalent).
Who should apply
Students interested in exercise and health and an aptitude for science will enjoy this course. Students will gain a deep understanding of the scientific principles that underpin the relationship between physical activity and health and ill health.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life