BSc (Hons) in Computer Science
Write to us for more information
Designed specifically with the needs of industry in mind, the BSc (Hons) in Computer Science at Griffith College is a 4-year programme, which aims to equip students with a thorough understanding of the key principles of computer science. Taught full-time and part-time, as a graduate of this course, you will:
- Gain highly sought-after skills essential for a career in IT.
- Specialize in one of four key emerging areas, such as cloud computing, game development, network management and software development.
- Fantastic job prospects with a 100% employment history from a sample of 35 graduates from our class of 2017.
- Gain the necessary skills and academic requirements to further your studies with progression to one of Griffith College’s postgraduate computing courses, which include a range of Postgraduate Diplomas in networking software development and information management, MSc in Network and Information Security, Master of Cloud Computing y Master of Science in Big Data Management & Analytics.
- Computer Programming
- Fundamentals of Computing
- Client-side web development
- Computer Hardware
- Effective learning and development
- Systems analysis and design 1
- Operating system design
- Software development 1
- Object Oriented Programming
- Systems analysis and design 2
- Relational databases
- Probabilities and statistics
- Data structures and algorithms
- Software development 2
- Server-side web development
- Linear Algebra
- Network and data communications
- HCI and GUI programming
- Concurrent development
- Numerical optimization
- Advanced Network Theory (M)
- Distributed systems (M)
- Mobile Development (M)
- Software development project (M)
- Practical networks (E)
- Big Data Management (E)
- Cloud services and platforms (E)
- Game development (E)
- Computer Graphics (E)
- Internet of things and sensor systems (E)
- Artificial intelligence and robotics (E)
- Machine Learning (E)
- Data analysis and visualization (E)
- Cyber security and ethical hacking (E)
- Digital Forensics and Investigation Techniques (E)
- Emerging Technologies
Graduates of the BSc (Hons) Computer Science in Computer Science are currently working in a variety of exciting roles, such as assistant software project leaders, IT consultants, MIS (Management Information Systems) staff, software engineers, systems analysts, application programmers, etc. in a wide range of industry sectors. Career opportunities are many and varied, and having solid industry work experience from the six-month work placement has given students a head start in their careers.
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life