BA in Interior Design
Write to us for more information
The Bachelor of Interior Design is a three year degree 7 course. This course takes the student from initiation to successful completion to produce an Interior Design graduate who can create, design, problem solve and perform professionally in all related work environments.
Successful Interior Design graduates are industry-ready, creative and technically proficient with innovative solutions and problem-solving expertise within the built environment.
This interior design program has been created in consultation with industry professionals and is comprised of practicing designers and architects and subject matter specialists.
- You will develop skills in a wide range of design disciplines, including creativity in design; proficiency in communication in a variety of media; drawing ability; technical understanding; and organisation.
- You will receive training from a teaching staff with strong links to the industry, including architects, designers, buyers and practising art historians.
- Experiential learning is an important part of the course and class trips abroad are now a big part of the curriculum.
- The calibre of work produced by the Faculty of Design has been recognised on numerous occasions through industry awards and exhibitions.
- An annual Creative Week features Design faculty graduates with Media, Journalism, Computer Science, Film and Photography graduates.
- Creative Studio Projects 1
- Freehand 2D drawing techniques
- Digital Design Tools 1
- Design Criteria
- Creative Studio Projects 2
- Freehand 3D drawing techniques
- Digital Design Tools 2
- Culture and visual theory
- Interior space projects 1
- Design graphics 1
- Architectural drafting
- History of Interior Design
- Ergonomics and anthropometry
- Interior space projects 2
- Computer Aided Design
- Building regulations
- Materials and finishes
- Culture and design theory
- Interior space projects 3
- Introduction to BIM
- Furniture and accessories
- Design Futures
- Branding and marketing
- Interior space projects 4
- 3D BIM Modeling
- Building construction
- Lighting design
- Entrepreneurship and Business
Through the Bachelor of Interior Design, you will have gained valuable design experience, built a solid foundation of creative skills and covered a wide range of subjects. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, which include:
- Interior Designer
- Interior Stylist
- In-house showroom designer
- Residential Interior Designer
- Retail Designer
- Film and set designer
- Hospitality Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Screen Designer
- Office Designer
- CAD Technician
- Design Account Manager
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life