BA in Film and Television Production
Write to us for more information
The BA Film and Television Production is undertaken full-time over a three-year period. The aim of the course is to help enthusiastic students develop the essential practical skills and knowledge required to work in the dynamic area of film and television production.
- You will gain a solid understanding and working knowledge of a digital camera, lighting, sound and editing, associated software, hardware and equipment, script writing and online screen media.
- You will develop strong practical skills using television studios, film and television production equipment and computer technologies, a core part of the course curriculum.
- You will build a strong portfolio of work and take part in a range of exciting projects, including directing your own 7-minute documentary and acting as a key member of the team on a ‘live’ broadcast.
- Shape your career path with further specialisation in three elective options from the five award-winning modules.
- Option to further your media studies with progression to Griffith’s three specialist media masters programmes.
- Application Technology
- Digital cinematography
- Digital photography
- History of cinema
- Film and Television Culture I
- Location sound
- Online Display Media
- Film and Television Production and Direction
- Advanced audio sound and post production
- Applied digital cinematography
- Advanced screenwriting
- Contemporary Film and Television
- Digital editing for film and television
- Film and Television Culture II
- Industry skills and professional practice
- Film and Television Production and Direction II
- Principles of television studios
- VFX for film and television
COMPULSORY MODULES IN THE THIRD YEAR:
- Advanced VFX
- Cinema and visual culture
- Independent project
- Marketing, distribution and exhibition
- Great project
- Search Methods
THIRD YEAR ELECTIVE MODULES:
- Advanced Cinematography
- Advanced digital editing
- Advanced post-production sound
- Image mastering and grading
- Scriptwriting for feature films and television
Through the BA in Film and Production, you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong portfolio and developed solid studio and television production skills. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, which include:
- Video Production Consultant
- Production Manager
- Field Producer
- Script development
- Media Consultant
- Sound Design
- Camera operator
- Location Manager
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life