BA in Culinary Arts
Write to us for more information
The 3-year Bachelor of Arts in Culinary Arts offers the combination of fundamental knowledge, practical classes, business and leadership development, problem solving, critical thinking and teamwork combine to provide graduates with the competencies to forge a successful career in the culinary arts industry.
The combination of fundamental knowledge, hands-on classes, business and leadership development, problem solving, critical thinking and teamwork combine to provide graduates with the skills to forge a successful career in the culinary arts industry.
The course emphasises a creative, inventive, organised and entrepreneurial approach. A key aim of the course is to develop well-rounded graduates with the ability to learn and develop to meet new challenges in their professional and personal development.
- Program preparation / induction
- Culinary basics 1
- Principles of the culinary arts
- Quality assurance and food safety
- Academic and professional skills
- Digital skills for tourism
- Culinary basics 2
- Culinary Nutrition
- Food and Beverage Service
- Fundamentals of accounting
- Introduction to the Tourism and Hospitality Industry
- Classic cuisine
- International cuisine
- Culinary event
- Basics of gastronomy
- Financial decision making
- Preparation for hospitality placement
- The art of Garde Manger
- Contemporary Cuisine
- Placement in the Hospitality Department
- Creativity and trends in the culinary arts
- Economic and management accounting
- Law Applied to the Tourism Industry
- Management Principles
- Kitchen design and resource management
- Creative culinary events
- Introduction to marketing, innovation and new product development for the culinary arts.
- The art of baking
- Human Resource Management for Hospitality, Events and Culinary Arts
Pursuing a career in culinary arts can be very lucrative. There are a variety of job opportunities in the food industry. Some of these include:
- Cater ING Corporate
- Restaurant, cafes, hotels
- Pastry and confectionery
- Development Chef
- Industrial catering: hospitals, schools, sports fields, etc.
- Travel industry, cruises, global hotel brands
- Owner of the company
For international students, a bachelor’s degree from the country of origin is required. The degree and grades must be officially translated into English.
Applicants will require a bachelor’s degree officially translated into English.
IELTS 5.5 or higher (or internationally recognised equivalent).
Students will undergo a placement in Semester 4, the second half of Year 2. This compulsory placement can take place locally, nationally or internationally with our partner host employers.
The course is taught through a combination of practical classes, tutorials and lectures. Most of the time is spent in the kitchens cooking in teams and also individually. Guest lecturers, demonstrations and excursions are used throughout the 3 years of the course.
Who should apply
- Students who have a love of food and a passion for creativity.
- Students who want to work in the best kitchens, both nationally and internationally.
- Students who enjoy working in a group and being part of a successful team.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life