BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture
Write to us for more information
This degree programme has been designed in response to an increased demand for employees with specific skills related to interior architecture, including spatial planning, design details, technologies, problem solving and visualisation techniques and presentation skills. The course takes students through the fundamentals of visual culture, building scientific and design principles and equips them with practical studio skills.
Students are required to engage in in-depth research, apply knowledge of technology and building regulations, organize and manage project solutions and communicate their designs using digital design software. Graduates of this program leave with extensive experience in creating, analyzing and interpreting project briefs. They will be able to solve complex design problems and work independently and in groups to find solutions.
- It is a rigorous and in-depth course program that will teach you to create, design, problem solve and act professionally in all related work environments.
- The practical nature of the course will prepare you for the industry, empower you creatively and technically to propose innovative solutions and problem solving expertise within the built environment.
- You will use dynamic architectural modeling software such as Revit, AutoCad 3-D, AutoCAD, as well as traditional communication tools such as model making and freehand drawing.
- The calibre of work produced by the Faculty of Design has been recognised on numerous occasions through industry awards and exhibitions.
- An annual Creative Week features Design faculty graduates with Media, Journalism, Computer Science, Film and Photography graduates.
- Interior space projects 1
- Design graphics 1
- Architectural drafting
- History of Interior Design
- Ergonomics and anthropometry
- Interior space projects 2
- Computer Aided Design
- Building regulations
- Materials and finishes
- Culture and design theory
- Interior space projects 3
- Introduction to BIM
- Furniture and accessories
- Design Futures
- Branding and marketing
- Interior space projects 4
- 3D BIM Modeling
- Building construction
- Lighting design
- Entrepreneurship and Business
- Interior space projects 5
- BIM Collaboration
- Indoor and conservation environments
- Interior space projects 6
- 3D Visualization
- Ecodesign and sustainability
- Materials science and structural mechanics
- Business Practice Management
Through the BA (Hons) in Interior Architecture, you will have gained valuable design experience, built a solid foundation of creativity and covered a wide range of subjects. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, which include:
- Interior architecture
- Own design practice
- Residential Interior Designer
- Retail Designer
- Film and set designer
- Hospitality Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Office Designer
- Facility Space Planner
- CAD Technician
- 3D Viewer
- Materials Consultant
- Interior Project Manager
- Interior Design Project Manager
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life