BA (Hons) in Communications Design
Write to us for more information
Our BA (Hons) in Communications Design is a three-year degree 8 course available on a full-time basis. This challenging degree will teach you how to continually respond creatively and create innovative imagery while developing an in-depth understanding of consumer culture and market trends.
- Design principles and study skills
- Design communication 1
- Printable design
- Analytical drawing
- Computer Studies
- Culture and visual theory 1
- History of art and design
- History of illustration and graphics
- Introduction to typography
- Web design
- Design communication 2
- Culture and visual theory 2
- History of Art and Design 2
- Visual culture
- Typography 2
- Interaction Design
- Visual merchandising marketing and branding
There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, including:
- Web Designer
- Communications and Marketing Officer
- Game Designer
- Materials Consultant
- Graphic Designer
- Media Officer
- Telecommunications network designer
- Retail Designer
- Film and Set Design Associate
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
- Earn a bachelor’s degree in communications design in three years.
- Receive a solid foundation in traditional design practices along with modern graphic design concepts and develop your skills and style in multiple media.
- Learn to think creatively when faced with design challenges, adapt to industry changes, and recognize key trends and the integral role of target markets and consumer culture in your design.
- The practical nature of the course encourages students to learn by doing while the small class sizes ensure that you can work closely with your tutors.
- The calibre of work produced by the Faculty of Design has been recognised on numerous occasions through industry awards and exhibitions.
- An annual Creative Week features Design faculty graduates with Media, Journalism, Computer Science, Film and Photography graduates.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life