BA (Hons) in Communications and Media Production
Write to us for more information
Communications is a fast-paced and, in today’s technology-driven environment, a growth industry offering a wide variety of job roles. Griffith’s BA (Hons) in Communications and Media Production is a three-year full-time programme that aims to provide students with a grounding in a variety of communications platforms including social and digital media, photography, radio, investigative journalism, television and video. The course is largely project based and the introduction of specialist streams in years 2 and 3 allows students to influence the path their studies will take them on according to their interests. On this course students:
- They will develop practical skills through work in traditional media (newspapers, television and radio) and new media (digital, social media and mobile journalism).
- You will gain a solid understanding of media theory, communication and media production.
- They will contribute to the university newspaper, radio station and digital portal.
- You will build a portfolio of work and gain knowledge of the latest technologies.
- They will influence your career path with specialization in four elective options.
- They will have access to state-of-the-art facilities on campus, including the radio station, photography studio, and film and television studio.
- They will have access to a press pass from the National Union of Journalists.
Graduates of the programme will also have the option to progress onto any of Griffith’s specialist media masters programmes.
- Communications History
- Online digital production and social networks
- Photo 1
- Media Law and Ethics
- Radio production 1
- Thinking, writing and presenting
- Understanding society
- Video Production 1
- Writing for the media
- Media Business
- Contemporary Politics
- Search Methods
- Video Production 2
- History of art and photography
- Investigative Journalism
- Media writing and editing
- Radio Production 2
- Photo 2
- Visual communication
- Web design
- Contemporary Politics 2
- Media research and cultural studies
- Sociology of the media
- Conflict notification
- Investigative Journalism 2
- Journalism in the Irish language / An Iriseoireacht sa Ghaeilge
- Online media production
- Radio 3 Production
- Sports Journalism
- Commercial photography
- Media Exposure
- Creative Writing 1
- Creative Writing 2
- Film Studios
- Public Relations
- Video Production 3
- Writing for game
Through the BA (Hons) in Journalism and Visual Media, you will have gained valuable professional experience, built a strong portfolio and covered a wide range of media. There is a wide range of career options for our graduates, which include:
- Video Production
- Web design
- Graphic Production
- Online Campaign Manager
- Researcher and Journalist
- Multimedia Specialist
- Broadcast journalist
- Technical Writer
- Advertising Account Manager
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life