BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance
Write to us for more information
This Accounting and Finance degree reflects the multiple requirements of today’s business and finance world, preparing you for a career in accounting, banking, stockbroking, foreign exchange trading, management, insurance or finance sector positions. Whether you wish to change careers or are studying accounting and finance, or are a school leaver, the BA (Hons) in Accounting and Finance is for you.
- If you are interested in the application of numerical techniques and the interpretation and communication of financial informationthis course is ideal.
- Upon completion, students will have the skills needed to pursue a dynamic and rewarding career in accounting and/or finance.
- You may qualify for 9 ACCA exemptions, ACA CAP 1 exemptions exemptions and a number of CPA exemptions.
- You will receive lectures from professionals with vast experience from a wide range of industries.
- Business Administration
- Effective learning and development
- Quantitative analysis for companies
- Financial accounting (linear)
- Information technology skills
- Legal aspects of the business
- Accounting information for managers
- Company Law
- Financial and asset management
- Professional Development
- International financial reports
- Management accounting systems and analysis
- Management practice
- Accounting and Finance Technology
- International corporate reports
- Performance Management
- Professional Development Portfolio
- Taxation 1
- Audit and security
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic management
- Taxation 2
- Corporate governance and accountability
- Project Management
- Valuation and Value Management
- An elective must be chosen.
The programme provides an understanding of the business, legal and social environment in which accounting operates and enables you to be familiar with the technical languages and practices of the accounting sector in a market economy. These include financial statement measurement and disclosure, management accounting, auditing, taxation and business law. While typical careers focus on the world of finance and accounting in particular, any aspect of the business field is open to graduates.
A significant advantage is the numerous exemptions from professional examinations for which graduates of the course are eligible. Students who do not wish to focus on a career as an accountant will find numerous opportunities in banking, stockbroking, foreign exchange trading, management, insurance or financial sector positions.
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life