BA (Honours) Music Production
Write to us for more information
Our BA (Hons) Associate in Music Production is available full-time over a three-year period and is taught on campus at Pulse College. The aim of the course is to equip you with a high level of competence in skills specific to the areas of studio recording, live sound, music technology and much more.
- Taught by leading academics and industry professionals to international industry standard.
- Developing specialist skills and knowledge will enable you to find employment in a variety of areas within the industry, including music recording, post-production and sound design for the web.
- Students will have access to state-of-the-art facilities.
- Use of industry-relevant software applications, including Apple Logic Pro Certified Center and Avid Pro Tools Center.
- 24-hour access to the studio.
- Music technology 1
- Application Technology
- Recording studio principles
- Applications of music theory 1
- Explorations in music
- History of music production
- The music industry
- Critical listening and audio analysis
- Music technology 2
- Music and image
- Sound Design
- Applications of music theory 2
- Music production and recording 1
- Search Methods
- Sound for performance
- Digital Media Business
- Professional customer project 1 (summer)
- Music production and recording 2
- Composition for visual media
- Mixing, remixing and mastering
- Professional Practice
- Studio design and installation
- Professional client project 2 (summer)
Past graduates of the BA (Hons) Music Production programme have found employment in a variety of sectors within the music industry. Some of the many great artists or facilities alumni have worked with include: Prince, Kings of Leon, 50 Cent, Snoop Dog, U2, REM, Kylie Minogue, Windmill Pictures, Brown Bag, Ardmore Studios, RTE, FM104, TV3, RTE Radio, The Apprentice, Masterchef, Little Brittan, Rivercottage, Harry Potter, Casino Royale, MTV X-Factor, The Voice, Slane, Oxygen, O2, Electric Picnic, Riverdance and Lord of the Da
- Applicants will require a baccalaureate degree officially translated into English.
- In the case of international candidates, the foreign equivalent is required. In addition, a degree officially translated into English will be required.
- If English is not your first language, you must demonstrate that your level of English is of an appropriate standard, i.e. a minimum of 6.0 IELTS or equivalent.
Learn more about our educational offer
More than 10,000 students have put their trust in us
Study and work abroad, live this experience that will change your life